Midterms are over

Saturday, October 13, 2012

After studying so much, I can now calmly breathe again. Although I'm not looking forward to seeing the results. Not that I didn't make an effort, but ignorance is sometimes bliss.



Meet my dog, his name is Kuky (pronounced cookie). He's eight years old, but a puppy at heart. I never get tired of taking pictures of him. Since I'm an only child, he's like the little brother I never had and the best companion I could have asked for. I don't know what I'd do without him.


Anyway, it's sad to see so many teenagers taking their own life because of bullying. I was on Tumblr this morning when I came across a post about Amanda Todd, a Canadian girl who committed suicide shortly after posting a video of Youtube. You can also read about it here. We're all human, and we all make mistakes. There is no reason why anyone should "deserve" getting bullied. Some cases are only about name calling, but in this girl's case, she was also physically assaulted. What's worse is that it's not just certain countries that are going through this social problem, but it's rather a global issue. Before, I used to think bullying was more common in elementary schools, since children are sometimes unaware of their actions. But seeing teenagers, young adults and adults act as bullies, from my point of view it's irrational and barbarous. Makes me lose hope in humanity. 




Post a Comment

© La Luna Vita . Design by FCD.