Book Review: Club Vintage

Tuesday, August 18, 2015


"Club Vintage" is the title in the Spanish version. If you live in an English speaking country, you'll most likely find it as "Vintage: A Novel". To be honest, I purchased this book unexpectedly. I went inside a bookstore looking for small notebooks, but I didn't find any so I decided to take a look around either way. That's when I came across this book, as soon as I saw it, I grabbed it to read the back. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but it looked to colorful and pretty that it caught by attention. After reading the plot summary, it seemed quite interesting, so I bought it. 

It's been a while since I've read a book so fast! Before I used to read a lot when I was in high school, but ever since I got into college, I've spent so much time reading for lessons that in my spare moments, books were not necessarily my primary interest. (I have, however, read John Green and Sarah Dessen novels in the last few summers --they're two of my favorite authors). 

Anyway, now jumping to the main part: the story is lovely! I recommend it, specially if you're like me and you're into realistic fiction (I still don't understand how I was able to read all of the Twilight Saga books). The story is about three women of different ages that undergo complicated situations, but due to events, they meet and eventually become friends. The plot portrays how friendships can help a person move on and overcome obstacles. Also, another topic that is constantly present (but more obvious towards the end) is the second chances that can make a significant difference if another decision had otherwise been taken. Even though some things are a bit predictable, the story overall is quite engaging, not to mention a bit bittersweet --just like life truly is.

2 comments

© La Luna Vita . Design by FCD.