Coconut Oil Appreciation Post

Sunday, November 13, 2016

La Luna Vita
I recently purchased my first jar of coconut oil. I know I’m a bit late to the party. I had been wanting to buy coconut oil for the past year, but either I kept on forgetting or didn’t find the time to visit one of those organic mini-markets. Well, better late than never! I finally comprehend what the hype is all about.

Today I will be sharing 5 different ways you can use coconut oil that have worked for me so far. Of course, you can use it to cook meals, but on this post I will be discussing ways of including coconut oil in your beauty routine:

1. Hair: I must admit, coconut oil has worked better for me than olive oil. The application process is less messier and it does not leave any unpleasant smell on your hair. The softness is immediate. I have applied it as any regular mask, leaving it on for 20 minutes and then washing and rinsing as usual. I still haven’t mixed it with any other ingredientes. While olive oil works best combined, coconut oil is just as good on it’s own.

2. Under eyes: Before shopping for an expensive under eye cream, consider using coconut oil first. I’m not saying it’s anti-wrinkle or that it will miraculously make the under eye bags disappear, but it hydrates just as well as any other cream. And what’s great is that it’s 100% natural.

3. Make up remover: Over the years, I’ve been using make up remover for my face and baby oil to remove excessive eye make up. The other day I decided to give coconut oil a try, and guess what? It worked great.

4. Lips: I have really chapped lips, and most lip balms have little to no results on me, or worse, they dry my lips even more. Baby Lips by Maybelline worked well for me for a while. After some time, the results stopped. I had read previously that coconut oil could be used for dry lips. The other day I used it over night and I woke up to softer lips. I suggest applying it at night, after brushing your teeth knowing you won’t be eating or drinking anything else.

5. Dry skin: And finally, you can use coconut oil as any regular body cream. It works great with areas that tend to more dry, such as elbows or in the heels. I have even read it can be used as shaving cream, but I still haven’t given that one a try.

That would be all for now!

Post a Comment

© La Luna Vita . Design by FCD.