Going on a hiatus?

Friday, May 19, 2017

La Luna Vita Blog
Quick fact: my first post ever was on May 19, 2012. That is why I chose today for publishing.

Hello! Well, it’s incredible how fast time has passed. It’s been five years since I started this blog. It began with the name Lunaris Vita and then slowly transformed to La Luna Vita. Same semantics, just different phonetics. This is the longest I’ve ever blogged for, posting something almost every month. At the beginning, I just wanted a place of my own to ramble. Then I started defining the topics but I still went off track every now and then.

I’m definitely not the same as I was back in 2012. While rereading old posts, I get flashbacks of that girl in her late teens, yearning to write about whatever came to mind and posting sporadically. These past couple of years, I’ve been writing down ideas, planning out posts and even scheduling them. Like this post for example, as I’m writing it, it’s April 28 but this probably won’t get published until late May. I’ve been reflecting lately about what I want to do from now on. And unfortunately, the blog isn’t in sight. Now, I don’t want to be the girl who cried wolf, saying this will be the definite end, because it most probably won’t. Writing here has been a big part of my life, and I can’t just leave from one day to the next. All I’m trying to say is that the blog is no longer one of my priorities.

Nevertheless, I may change the focus of the blog a bit. You can probably tell I’ve been posting constant book reviews lately. Well, that’s because I set myself a personal goal of reading more this year. I’m currently on my 4th novel so far, and there’s plenty more to read. Perhaps I might still post occasional product reviews and beauty tips, but those will no longer be the main subject. And I no longer want to feel pressured to have a post ready by the end of each week. I already have enough pressure with the things going on in my life, certainly don’t need any extra pressure -- especially if I’m the one causing it to myself.

So now, this isn’t a goodbye. I will return, maybe even sooner than expected. But with different airs and different aims. When I switched the name to La Luna Vita, I wanted to get away from the whole “beauty” thing, but it was a circular trip because I ended up going back to where I started. I hope that this time, things will be different.

‘Til next time!

Post a Comment

© La Luna Vita . Design by FCD.