Metamorphosis

Monday, March 14, 2016


Something peculiar occurred on Sunday. I was about to go water the plants in my patio, when I noticed something moving. At first, I thought it was a centipede and since I'm no fan of insects/bugs, I immediately went inside to tell my mother. But I was wrong, it turns out it was a caterpillar. Brown, fluffy, desperately examining its surroundings. It knew it wasn't in it's regular habitat. After  I watered the plants, it came near the small puddle of water. Apparently, it was thirsty. In order to make his life easier, I placed some leafs near it, perhaps it would want to eat as well. We saw no point in killing it, what harm could it possibly do? Now here comes the question: how did it end up in my patio? We have no grass whatsoever, just some plants in pots. Whatever the reason may be, I just know that looking after the little fella made our day better. Hopefully it will grow and become a butterfly -or a moth. It deserves to fly freely.


IMG_7124

Here's a picture of the actual caterpillar. It wasn't so photogenic, so I wasn't sure if I should include it. I'll keep on feeding it, see what happens. See you soon!

Post a Comment

© La Luna Vita . Design by FCD.