Because that's just life.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Looking into an empty screen and not knowing what to type. What's wrong with me? Before, writing would come so easily, I could almost blog everyday. Now, here I am, typing without knowing what I'm going to write about. Have you ever wondered what would have happened if you had done one small thing differently? It's not that I'm not happy with the life I currently have. But wondering is inevitable.


The picture above was taken by me on April 12, 2008. It seems like if it were just yesterday that I was still in Miami, at ease and unaware of what was coming up months ahead. First of all, I know people move all the time and it's perfectly normal. Some people move to a different city within the same state, or maybe to a state that's close, or maybe to a nearby country in the same hemisphere. Yeah, totally normal. How would you feel,  knowing that you are going to move thousands of miles away, to a country with a whole different culture than the one you are used to? That's how I felt in late August 2008. My parents had made a decision about moving back to PerĂº. I know I was born there, but I had lived there for only 5 years, I could barely remember anything. Our flight was on February 22, 2009 at night. As the plane took off, I couldn't help myself from looking out the window, the city lights from a hectic city that gave me so much to remember. Looking down as the plane was getting further, knowing that I wasn't going to come back. Up to today, I still haven't. Perhaps after finishing college here, I might move back or at least go for a visit.


Anyway, I took these two pictures about two years ago, I think. Yes, that's Lima, the city in which I live in. I'm always complaining and looking forward to leave, but now that I recall, I used to do the same while I lived in Miami. I guess it's time to simply appreciate, because it might be gone before you know it.



Post a Comment

© La Luna Vita . Design by FCD.