Down on the West Coast

Monday, April 28, 2014

I promised myself that this year I was going to post at least twice each month. It's still April, so it seems like I'm still keeping my promises. Anyway, I got so excited when I found out Lana Del Rey had released a new single! I became somewhat obsessed with her music back in 2012. Then, when her songs got leaked and she announced she was going to pause her music project, I was pretty bummed. But not anymore. This song is different than the ones she has done before, but still her style.


Guess what? I finally finished reading Looking for Alaska. I would have finished it before, but due to school work I had to postpone my reading hours. It was a beautiful story, such a bitter sweet sadness. Alaska is a mysterious character, and I did not predict what the "after" part was going to be about, I was surprised. Well, I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it's a book worth reading. The last few pages are my favorite: "We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. [...] But that pat of us greater that the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail." I agree too, our souls are infinite. 

I bought a new nail polish color, I was at the store, saw it and immediately got it. (I tend to be an impulsive shopper, but that's a whole different story).  It's Maybelline's Color Show and the color's name is Brick Shimmer. I like it because it has really small glitters, and the undertone isn't orange, it's rather rose gold except darker. (Also, it dries faster than other nail polishes I own). But that's not captured precisely in the picture below though. Oh well, I tried. 




Post a Comment

© La Luna Vita . Design by FCD.