Skin Care Essentials

Sunday, July 19, 2015


The other day when I met up with a few friends from high school that I hadn't seen in a long time, they pointed out how my skin had improved. (I used to have acne problems a while back). I honestly hadn't given much thought to it until now. My skin care routine has been somewhat the same for over a year approximately, and I've been using the same products more or less. So I thought it'd be a good idea to share here what I use and how I use it: 
In the image above, are the Neutrogena products I buy at the drugstore. From left to right, the first one is the Deep Clean Astringent, the second is the Deep Clean Gel Cleanser, and lastly the Rapid Clear Exfoliator. Out of these three, I use the Gel Cleanser almost every night, while the other two once a week. They tend to dry up the skin a bit, but they're good for preventing breakouts.

On the image below, the Natura products are shown. The three came in a kit. From left to right, the first one is the Cleanser, the second one is the Toner and lastly the Hydrating Cream. These products are good for sensitive skin, and they're quite hydrating (including the cleanser). I like to use them every other day or so, in order to prevent the dryness the Neutrogena products can cause. I try to balance it out, in order to not have oily or dry skin. 

In addition to these products, it's also important to stay hydrated by drinking water everyday, exercising while you can and avoid eating too much junk food. It's important to keep in mind that maintaining good skin isn't only about what products you apply, but also how healthy you stay on the inside.

Have a nice Sunday!
P.S. The Neutrogena products might look a bit different than the ones sold in states because these are for Latin America and Brazil. Also, Natura is a Brazilian cosmetics brand, but they only operate in Latin America and France, so they don't have an English version website. 

Post a Comment

© La Luna Vita . Design by FCD.