Blue jeans

Sunday, May 29, 2016


I haven't done a nail polish post in a while. To be honest, I stopped wearing nail polish for a few reasons. First of all, my nails were super fragile and if I painted them they would be more prone to breaking. Plus, I haven't had much time lately to do my nails. Being so busy with school assignments and work, by the end of the day I'd feel exhausted and the last thing on my mind was an at-home mani. But the main reason I refused to do my nails was because of an article I found at the EWC website.
In the article, the author mentioned how an endocrine-disrupting chemical, which is commonly found in plastics and also used for manufacturing nail polishes, ends up in women's bodies. Unfortunately, all the well-known brands contain it. It's insane how a simple activity such as painting your nails can be affecting your health. Now, in the article it does not state which are the side effects. But seriously, what's the point in eating healthy with organic food, if you'll end up absorbing chemicals either way?

This does not mean I'm going to stop using nail polish, I'd just be lying to myself. But I do promise that from now on,  I'll only be wearing nail polish for a couple of days before removing it. It's important to watch out for your health even in the little things!

Have a good Sunday :)


"Denim Dash" in Maybelline's Color Show

8 comments

  1. Such a gorgeous colour - I love blue nailvarnish with a tan in the summer :)
    - Ambar x
    www.herlittleloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color! And I've been worrying about nail polish because of the chemical absorption, so I usually stick to painting my nails once in a blue moon. I play piano and bass too so chipping is also a problem haha.
    Blue Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) I didn't know that brand existed, I will look them up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! That's amazing, I know how to play a little piano myself. But I can imagine, the chipping can be really annoying lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I agree, it's a summery color :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful color. You may be interested in Beauty Without Cruelty. Their polishes are a bit more sensitive. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you feature beauty products that are mainstream and not $100 LOL! Thank you!
    www.eneverythingnice.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! :) I don't see the need to be spending so much when there are pretty good products for cheaper price.

    ReplyDelete

© La Luna Vita . Design by FCD.