Product review: Kylie Lip Kit

Sunday, August 14, 2016

La Luna Vita Blog

Hello! So I had the chance to purchase one Lip Kit by Kylie Jenner. I watched some videos on Youtube before doing so, considering that they're pricier here in Peru due to the international shipping. I chose Dolce K, because it seemed to be a nice neutral color. Well, it turns out it's actually one of the shades that looks different on every person. At first, I thought it was a little too dark, which made me look paler than usual. But then when I tried it for a second time, and combining it with the right makeup, I liked how it turned out.

The liquid lipstick smelled amazing! It had certain hints of vanilla, which I personally loved. Since my lips are already dried most of time, I was afraid that using the matte lipstick would cause them to dry even more. But thankfully that did not happen. My lips felt normal, as if I had used any other lipstick. So if you have non-chapped, hydrated lips, you should be fine. What I did notice, is that the product lasts longer if you use both --the pencil liner and lipstick-- as indicated. However, what I did not like was that the pencil liner gets used up quickly, so it needs to be sharpened often. I guess it's because of the creamy consistency. 

I put it to the test a week ago, when I went out with my boyfriend. After having some appetizers and drinks, my napkin was impeccable! It lasted approximate five hours before it started fading away. Even when the night came to an end, I still had some product on my lips. This is really handy for occasions when you don't have time to be reapplying. Overall, I really liked the product. At first I did not understand what the hype was all about, now I do. But still, I would like to try other brands in order to compare and form a better opinion.

  

 

4 comments

  1. Yes I agree! I just wanted to try this brand either way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! I totally recommend it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous shade! I've yet to try those kylie lipkits! x

    http://serenbird.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous shade! However, I feel it's too expensive for something that can easily be duped by other brands. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

© La Luna Vita . Design by FCD.