Reason, Season or Lifetime

Sunday, February 5, 2017

La Luna Vita Blog

I recently found out about the Reason, Season or Lifetime theory/poem. (I know, I know, where have I been all this time? Under a rock? Well, no -- at work actually). The first time I read about it was in an article from Hello Giggles, Sophia Bush mentioned the concept in an interview. Anyway, I thought it was an interesting topic because it’s true. It states that people come into our lives for either three different motives:

  • Reason: You encounter someone for a brief period. Whether it's good or bad, the relationship doesn't last long and the whole purpose is for you to learn a lesson. 
  • Season: Though it's said to be short term, I see it rather mid term, since it can last up to years. This person will play a role in defining your personality.  
  • Lifetime: The name says it all, they will be in your life for many years. It can be a friend, a partner or a family member. 

Now, I personally believe that this not only applies to people, but to situations in general. Life has different stages, where you go through certain moments that define you. These moments are not limited to human relations, but the context as a whole plays an important part. From attending college, to a part-time job or even a simple stroll in the park. You reflect and learn from experiences, some that you may face entirely on your own.

That would be all for now, 'til next time! 

Post a Comment

© La Luna Vita . Design by FCD.